Sunday, April 27, 2008

Zip, Zoom, Ye're Out!

Yesterday was insane! I started the morning running to fill Bear's gas tank while he got dressed and ready to go to work. That's right, my child has his first job! He's following in the footsteps of his father and his father's father. My son is going to be the third generation of oldest sons to spend his summers working as a lifeguard. I am so proud and he is incredibly excited. The other day he informed me that he had the elite of summer jobs among his peers. When I asked why that was, he said it is because there is no grease and a constant parade of pretty girls in swimsuits. Yep, my boy is just like his old man.

Anyway, once I got him sorted out and on his way, it was time to dig in to the grunge that has taken over my home sweet home. I washed and scrubbed and laundered my little heart out until I was satisfied that I'd made some sort of dent. Then it was off to the grocery for the evil that is "big shopping". After everything was put away, it was time to supervise Bunnie's hot lunch preparations. I'm a big believer in helping kids learn their way around a kitchen rather than just shooing them out. On the other hand, I'm a bit over-cautious about leaving them to their own devices with a hot stove. In the end she did a fine job cooking for herself and I actually got to sit down and enjoy a hot meal with her.

After lunch, it was off to church to set up the coffee service and then assorted errands around town. We barely walked in the door before it was time to head out to the ballpark for our first Ranger's game of the season. Our poor Rangers got a sound thrashing from the Twins, but the spectacular fireworks show afterwards took out some of the sting.

So, here it is Sunday and I started the morning early with a marathon cooking session. I think if I actually stop running I may not start again. If you see me after dinner this evening, please try not to wake me. I have a feeling I'm going to sleep well tonight.