Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Da Kid Done Good

Cross posted at Goodreads:

Because I have an over-inflated opinion of myself, I generally avoid self-help books like the plague. So when my best friend K. gave me a copy of her kid sister's new book: Change Your Reality, Change Your Life, I have to admit to thumbing through it then passing it along. First it went to Spouse who quoted it for weeks after reading it, then to my mother who raved about it endlessly and finally to another girlfriend who insisted I actually read this wonderful book or she'd read it aloud to me.

Guess what? Im glad I did. Robin McKnight has an easy comfortable writing style. Her book is filled with practical advice for making the most of everyday living. As a licensed professional counselor, she has an easy matter of fact way of presenting new ways to look at life's challenges without a lot of exasperating new age obfuscation. The specific exercises at the end of each chapter are fun and helpful. I really enjoyed trying them.

This book is classified by the LOC as a "self-actualization" book. I call it a good pleasant read and a must for anyone who feels the need to dump the old baggage, recharge and jump back into life. If you'd like to learn more, click the cover photo at the top for a link to it's Amazon info page.