Thursday, February 28, 2008

When In Doubt, Go For the Meme



I have so many half-baked ideas swirling around in my little pea brain this morning I don't know where to begin. Luckily Janet over at Adventures in the 32-Acre Wood had a fun movie meme this morning so I promptly decided to steal her idea and bring you
Dialog From My DVDs
Here are the meme rules:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. GUESSERS: NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions. I mean, you can cheat if you want, but is it really that important?
6. One movie guess per blogger. Give people a chance to guess before you steal all of the awesome!
Remember, one guess per person!


  1. Sarah O. Can I give you a hug? You got my all-time favorite movie,
    The Nutty Professor 1963
    You're crazy about me, right? And I can understand it. Only this morning, looking in the mirror before shaving, I enjoyed seeing what I saw so much I couldn't tear myself away. [kisses his hand] Have some, Baby?


  2. Jennifer of Jen on the Edge knows her Missions from God. She got The Blues Brothers 1980
    You contemptible pig! I remained celibate for you. I stood at the back of a cathedral, waiting, in celibacy, for you, with three hundred friends and relatives in attendance. My uncle hired the best Romanian caterers in the state. To obtain the seven limousines for the wedding party, my father used up his last favor with Mad Pete Trullo. So for me, for my mother, my grandmother, my father, my uncle, and for the common good, I must now kill you, and your brother.


  3. Yay Fannie!
    M.A.S.H 1970
    This isn't a hospital. It's an insane asylum. And it's your fault!


  4. Woot! Anglophile Football Fanatic knows her fiesty wee movies! Operation Petticoat 1959 it is!
    Subject, Toilet paper. One: on 6 June 1941, this vessel submitted a requisition for 150 rolls of toilet paper. On 16 December 1941 the requisition was returned with stamped notation, 'Cannot identify material required.' Two: the commanding officer of the USS SeaTiger cannot help but wonder what is being used at the Caviti Supply Depot as a substitute for this unidentifiable material once so well known to this command.


  5. Hooray for Joy T. !
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off 1986
    The key to faking out the parents is the clammy hands. It's a good non-specific symptom; I'm a big believer in it. A lot of people will tell you that a good phony fever is a dead lock, but, uh... you get a nervous mother, you could wind up in a doctor's office. That's worse than school. You fake a stomach cramp, and when you're bent over, moaning and wailing, you lick your palms. It's a little childish and stupid, but then, so is high school.


  6. This just in From the Land of Monkeys and Princesses via Twitter: The Fifth Element 1997!
    I hate warriors, too narrow-minded. I'll tell you what I do like though: a killer, a dyed-in-the-wool killer. Cold blooded, clean, methodical and thorough. Now a real killer, when he picked up the ZF-1, would've immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the gun.


  7. Janet got it! Mister Roberts 1955. Well done!
    All right! Who did it? Who did it? You are going to stand sweating at those battle stations until someone confesses! It's an insult to the honor of this ship! The symbol of our cargo record has been destroyed and I'm going to find out who did it if it takes all night!


  8. The oh, so patient Gretchen of Bananas and Toddlers (you must go check out her rainbow frog hat pic) got Caddyshack 1980 right away. Would you believe I accidentally deleted her answer? Sorry, Gretchen!

    I have to laugh, because I've outsmarted even myself. My enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I've gotta get inside this guy's pelt and crawl around for a few days.


  9. The first correct answer goes to Badger!
    Animal House 1978

    Cut the horseshit, son. I've got their disciplinary files right here. Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the swim meet? Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner? Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear. Every spring, the toilets explode.


  10. Congratulations to The Hotfessional! She got the last film, 48 Hours 1982
    Jack
    : Class isn't something you buy. Look at you, you've got on a 500-dollar suit and you're still a low-life.
    Reggie: Yeah, but I look good.


Hrm, I'm noticing a trend here. All of these movies (with the exception of #5) are comedies in which something blows up. Number 5 does have a car crash though, so we'll let it slide. I'm easily amused.