Friday, January 04, 2008

Thought You Should Know

  • I finally did something about adding some books to my GoodReads list and checking in on my way cool friends list. If you are on GoodReads, let me know so I can peek at your bookshelf (doesn't that sound naughty?). Thing is, GoodReads wants to know what I'm reading right now. The answer is NOTHING. How lame is that? I ran up to bookstore for Catcher in the Rye since I believe I am the only person in the known universe who has never read Salinger. They were out. Brought home My Antonia by Willa Cather.

  • Is it just me, or do you think it's weird that the Doctor asked me if I was menopausal instead of asking about my last period? Yes, I'm middle aged, but sheesh! It's really been bugging me.

  • Iowa. Shakes head ruefully. That's all I have to say about that.

  • Last night I asked Bear to put Parchment Paper on the cookie sheets before baking up some leftover cookie dough. A few minutes later the kitchen was filled with smoke. "I think it's the WAX PAPER you told me to put on the pan, Mum". Sigh.

  • Speaking of cookies, the dog helped herself to a cookie from the table and smashed the cat food bin open and emptied it. We had to run to the store for cat food, a heavy duty dog-proof bin, a new collar and no-tip dog dishes. $60.00 later, returned to find cat had peed love seat again in protest.

  • Now heading to the store to rent heavy duty steam cleaner and hoping red pepper flakes will solve the problem.

Spouse is napping. Dog is napping. Bear is on the roof removing the Christmas lights (yes, I know it's a day early but just don't care), Bunny is folding laundry, Cat is banished from the house and I think it's time for my new book. Spouse can lug the steam cleaner home when he wakes up. After all, I do have my priorities.