Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Six Inconsequential Things Meme



Schmutzie, that brilliant blogger, poet, photographer and milk money shakedown artist has asked me to share six things/habits/quirks about myself for your reading pleasure. Before I begin, though you must heed The Rules:

  1. Link to the person that tagged you.
  2. Post the rules on your blog.
  3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
  4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
  5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
  • I actually DO suffer fools gladly. It's those sly ones with the "lean, hungry look" that I won't put up with.

  • I asked a fortune teller when I was young if I would travel to exotic foreign countries. She just wanted to tell me about the boy I was going to marry and settle down with. I thought she was an old fraud. Funny thing is, she got it right, even his name.

  • I was 12 when I went to my first wedding. Aunt Chuggie showed me how to wrap my piece of wedding cake to put under my pillow to dream of the boy I'd marry. My first thought when I met Spouse was that he was just like the boy I dreamed about that night. My second thought was hubba-hubba!

  • I will not permit a live bird in my home, and actually think twice about any bird decor because my Irish Granny told me they bring bad luck. I do however, love wild birds and tame barnyard birds.

  • We do not have a breadbox in our home because the Brownies need access to the bread. I know it sounds silly, but I'm sure they live with us.

  • I tell everyone I know that I'm not superstitious.

Six of you are tagged:

Melissa from Green Girl in Wisconsin

Fannie Mae of This Isn't What I Ordered

Field Notes of Field Notes From an Evolutionary Psychologist

Professor J of Professor J.'s Place

Janet of Adventures in the 32-Aker Wood

Linda of Straight Up & Slightly Dirty