Monday, December 31, 2007

Here's Mud In Your Eye!

It's the end of 2007 and it's kinda amazing how my little hobby evolved this year. As you can see from my blogaversary countdown icon in the sidebar, I started this little experiment back on January 10, 2006. Since then, I've had a title change, started and scrapped a second current events blog, set my personal information boundaries, and generally found my voice. Just out of curiosity I added a site meter in January of this year and I was shocked to discover that people actually read what I write.

And when I shut down my other 3x week blog in July, my readership here jumped way up. Now this created a dilemma in my head. If people actually read what I post, do I have some sort of responsibility to write better? Judging by the numbers during NaBloPoMo in which I typed more drivel than a teething baby has drool, the answer appears to be no.

So! Thank you for reading and commenting and I hope you will enjoy all the drivel I have in store for you in 2008. Because if there is one thing I've learned in the past year, it's that I'm no writer but I sure love to talk about myself. And it's a lot more fun when you are talking with me so I don't feel so crazy. Happy New Year, Y'all!