Saturday, November 17, 2007

Time to Rise and Shine and Polish and Scrub and...

Slept in this morning until 7:30 when I awoke with a nightmare about an officious security guard who told me I look old, ugly and have a bad attitude. Don't you just hate nasty little official types intruding on your sleep? I know back in college I did.
" And just why can't I take a little nappy out here in the quadrangle? But the dorm's so faaar."

Anyway, as I lay in bed trying to plan my day, I just became overwhelmed. This is the Saturday before Thanksgiving. There's shopping to be done, floors to be scrubbed, linens to be pressed, silver to be polished and everything needs a good deep vacuum. Aargh. I did not want to get out of bed.

Maybe the nasty little official had a point. Oh not about the old and ugly part. Look at me! How patently ridiculous! No, I'm beginning to suspect that maybe, just maybe I might have just the teensiest bit of a bad attitude about the holidays, NaBloPoMo, the budget, my family, my house, um, did I miss anything? Ah yes! The pets who have been strangely on their best behavior the past week or so. Do you think they sense that Mummie is about to crack?

Today I give thanks for the fat cat letting me sleep in and the big dog watching over my sleeping babies while I knock out the grocery shopping before the crowds. It's going to be a hectic weekend. I'm thankful they are both working hard to lower my blood pressure.