Saturday, November 10, 2007

Smile, Smile, Smile

This comes courtesy of Cursing Mama (please send her some get well wishes):




You Are a Smiley Face Cookie


You're happy go lucky. So happy, in fact, it's a little past the point of normal sanity.
You usually make those around you smile ... when you're not creeping them out!



I'm diggin' it. Anyway, today is day seven of my fast from all things baked, pasta, potatoes and rice. I decided I'm to be trusted, so I'm planning to whip up a few more batches of holiday cookies. Some to freeze, some for everyone else to eat.


Yesterday was Bear's last game of the season. No playoffs this year, but the boys did very well thank you very much. Anyway, all the kids were supposed to decorate their cars Friday with streamers and window paint and all the works. Bear was insistent that I get all the supplies for him. I ended up going to two stores on the other side of town because Garden Ridge no longer carries the window paint (or any other craft supplies, what's with that?), and then I took the SUV to get it washed. Wouldn't you know it, the conveyor broke with my vehicle on it and after an hour and a half of shopping and washing I returned home triumphant. What did the Bear say? Was it "Thank you"? No. It was "I decided that I don't want to decorate the car after all." Oh the shame.


And that my friends is all that's happening here, except for one more thing. Broccoli Beef from the Chinese take-away stinks without rice. That is all.


Today I give thanks for a football season without serious injuries to any of the boys, and for the coaches who kept them strong and safe.