Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Oh Dear, I Don't Think I Can Take Much More Help

Kids are in school. Spouse is at work. I have the house to myself. I don't want it. Aaack! What a disaster area! Somehow when everybody is at home and able and willing to pitch in, everything falls apart. I know the Spouse did laundry, so why is there a load in the washer, a load in the dryer and a pile of half folded clothes on my love seat? I know the kids did dishes, so why is there a sink full of last night's dinner plates and a plethora (don't you just love that word) of pots and pans spilling over onto my counter tops? Oh! and those counter tops! and table tops! and stove tops!


Well, I've rolled up my sleeves and dug in to try to get as much taken care of as possible before I have to go to work and the heathens come home and start mucking it all up again. But you know what? I'd gladly trade the tidy home and peace and quiet for just one more day of having everyone home flopping and slopping up the place.

Today I give thanks for the health and strength to put things to rights after the holiday weekend. I remember those who truly do struggle with daily tasks and I am grateful that I have nothing to complain about.