Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Horrifying Tales of Civil Servants and Coffee Lust

There have been some scary changes afoot here in my little world. First of all I had a birthday on Monday. My thanks to those of you who e-mailed, snail mailed, Twittered, IM'd, PM'd and telephoned to say happy birthday. Except for those of you who made snarky remarks about my age! Since I have every intention of living to be 112 years old, I am NOT middle aged. So take that.

In general my birthday was very nice except for having to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles to renew my Driver's License. The gal taking my picture said, "Oh dear, your license lists your weight as being 130 pounds. That's been a while, hasn't it?" Only someone working at the DMV could manage to accuse me of being old and fat at the same time while smiling. Do they have some kind of specialized training to do that? I swear I actually saw her rubbing her hands with glee when the short bald guy stepped up to her counter after me.

In other news, I read an aside on one of the blogs I frequent where she said the ads on her site paid for her coffee. Coffee money?!! Money to buy more coffee?!! Oh yeah I was so in. However being the lazy procrastinating person that I am, I decided to take it slow and really see what kinds of blog revenue sources my fellow bloggers were into and I carefully weighed the pros and cons of each.
I decided the best match for a lazy procrastinating person such as myself was an ad network that requires zero time and attention on my part. I actually investigated five of them, then narrowed it down to two. When I saw an ad on one of my favorite Mommyblogger sites touting their ablity to hook me up with Hot Housewives Looking For Men On The Sly next to her post entitled "Keeping a Godly Home in a World of Heathens" (or something to that effect), the decision was made.
Instead of selling my soul to The Man, I sold my soul to The Wo-Man. Please welcome Blogher ads to the Canned Laughter sidebar. Jennifer over at Mommy Needs Coffee had an excellent post on the to ad or not to ad decision, so I won't bore you with any more of my disjointed ramblings on the subject. Suffice it to say that my greed for coffee overcame my fear of real or imaginary outside influences on my personal writing. Besides, I know y'all will keep me honest.