Friday, October 05, 2007

Further Proof of my Nerditude

Yay! Beta Mom has tagged me for a meme. I love memes because I love talking about myself!
So here's the

Meme of Four

Four Jobs I've Had:
1. Box Office Girl/Secretary for the first movie theater in town with FOUR screens. I saw Return of the Jedi six times for free.
2. Two year college internship with IBM. I worked in Systems Technical Support. If you are thinking of asking me a techie question, abandon all hope. That was back in the days of Cobol & Fortran and I'm hopelessly out of touch with today's technology.
3. Medical Librarian for large county hospital. I'm talking St. Elsewhere, people. I snagged the job because I could navigate the database in record time even though I knew almost nothing about medicine.
4. Appraisal, Catalog & Control for Waterford/Wedgwood, USA. I drive people crazy by pointing out fakes. "What a terrible weave", "What a sloppy replica handbag", "What a gaudy fake diamond", etc. so this job was heaven. Plus, I was actually paid very well for using my fancy museum science degree.

Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over: (that aren't on my 100 things list)
1. A Star is Born (1954)
2. Born Yesterday(1950)
3. Babbette's Feast(1987)
4. Miracle on 34th Street(1947)

Four TV Shows I like (reality version):
1. Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List I can't believe she said that!
2. Beauty & the Geek Where did they find that greasy bohunk this season?
3. Blow Out Cry for me, Jonathan. We'll drink a shot every time you do.
4. Animal Cops Detroit Best line ever? Very large scary cop says to bad guy "How would YOU like to be thrown out of a car, dragged behind it and locked in the trunk? Because you know, that COULD happen."

Four TV Shows I Like (non-reality):
1. Journeyman "Quantum Leap" meets "Lost"
2. Medium The animated cartoon episode was so cool.
3. Pushing Daisies This show reminds me a lot of that movie "Big Fish"
4. The Big Bang Theory I only saw the premier because the rest of the family watches Chuck and the DVR is still not working.
Look at this list: 3 sci-fi fantasies and one comedy about nerds. I'm such a dweeb.

Four Places I've Gone On Vacation:
1. Mexico
2. Quebec Province
3. Bahamas
4. Martha's Vineyard

Four Favorite Foods:
1. Spring Cherries (preferably consumed at a picnic)
2. Summer Sweet White Corn from a roadside stand (preferably eaten raw on the spot)
3. Autumn harvest Warm Apple Cider straight from the press
4. Christmas Pudding with rum hard sauce

Four Websites I Visit Daily:
1. Great Dane Rescue of North Texas
2. Ebay
3. Twitter
4. My Blogroll

Four Places I Would Rather Be:
1. The Himalayas because I've always wanted to go there
2. An isolated island off Maine or Nova Scotia (preferably sailing)
3. Western Canada (preferably sailing)
4. Denmark (preferably sailing)

Four Bloggers I Tag:
1. Self-Proclaimed Supermom
2. Special K Toni
3. Susie Sunshine
4. Dr. Brazen Hussy