Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday Fur Blogging-Checking the P-Mail

Daphne doesn't have e-mail, she has p-mail. Although I'm sure she has more than one account, I believe her primary inbox is the basketball goal post at the end of our drive. Every morning when we head out to take the children to school, Daphne first pauses to check her latest news and send a message out to her network. Every so often during the day I see one of our four legged neighbors stop, check in with a whiff and leave a new message for our girl.

I wonder what sort of messages Daphne gets?

Daphne, I am a designer breed showdog who was forced to flee my kennel. I have a treasure trove of bones buried there, but due to the current political climate I need your help to get to my reserves. If you send just two bones to my assistant, Mr. R. Uff, I will gladly share half of my fortune with you...

Daphne, cheap Canadian heartworm meds can be yours...

Daphne, this story is absolutely true. A friend of a friend saw it on Animal Planet and ...

I suspect though that more often her p-mail reads more like this...

Hey Daphs! How's it waggin'? Same old thing here. My cheapskate boss is feeding me a new kibble. As you can smell, it's just awful. If yours tries to give you the same stuff, I recommend puking it. See how she likes cleaning up red dye no.2 from a white carpet! (Rolling On The Floor Wagging My Tail Off)

It's getting to be that season again. Same old hounds sniffin' around. They call it coming into heat, but I certainly don't feel hawt. I just want to lie on the couch, eat chocolate flavored biscuits and snap at people. I wish I could go through the change like you.

Gotta get back to work, the boss is yanking my chain. Maybe we can get together later in the week for a garbage rummage? See ya then! Slurps and Drools, Muffin