Saturday, September 15, 2007

Monsters in the Closet

Friday morning: "Mum, I can't find any uniform tops!"

"I know they are not all in the laundry, Bunnie. Look in your closet again."
"There aren't any! What am I going to do?"
"Impossible. I just bought you a ton of school clothes." stomp, stomp, stomp. "Bunnie what is this on the floor of your closet, crumpled in a ball?"
"My uniform! How did you find it?"
"It wasn't easy. Let's do some cleaning tomorrow, OK?"

So far today we've bagged the outgrown clothes, sorted the suitable clothes into school/work/church and hung everything neatly on color coded hangers. We've added a hanging sweater shelf and a rod doubler and washed two loads of stinky clothes. Now it's on to the drawers to see what havoc she's wrought upon her lined, labeled and suitably divided system. Aren't you glad your mother wasn't a compulsive sorter/labeler like me?