Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm Such A Weenie

Would you believe that I, the queen of grace under fire (or the queen of ducking out of sight when anything unpleasant happens), have spent the last two days freaking out? Like my Nana Rosanadana used to say, "If it's not one thing it's another".

Wednesday the kids brought home school progress reports. After much tears and recriminations, we got e-mails from their teachers explaining that they didn't have time to enter all the grades so the computers averaged them down. Nice.

Thursday my beloved brick box decided to remind me that it is not just a charming mid century ranch style jewel, it is a 45 year old house and it needs repairs, renovations and general HELP!

Then after an incredibly slow and easy Monday, everything began rolling downhill at work. Can you guess whose desk is at the bottom of the hill? I think I have the workload under control now, but just in case will you keep your fingers crossed that I clear my desk by six today?

Oh and for the coup de gras, I signed up to bring two casseroles to church for Fall Fest.

When I went to sign up to bring a couple of pies or some cookies to the bake sale, the chairman told me that last year they made a ton of money selling homemade frozen casseroles for $15-20 a pop. Who knew? So I said I'd do my bit and signed up to bring in a couple. That was three weeks ago. Fall Fest is tomorrow.

As appealing as the frankfurter casserole pictured above looks, I have no clue what to make. Oh, and just to throw another monkey wrench into the works, the chairman blithely informs me that "Our theme this year is 'California Dreamin'. Please be sure to come up with a cute label for your casseroles to go with the theme." The only thing I know for sure is that I'll be the last gal to show up and that whatever I bring, it will be two of the same thing and the catchy label? Don't expect great wit from a frantic, frazzled, falling apart Mom like me at Fall Fest. Or here.