Thursday, August 09, 2007

Rude Crude Unattractive And Socially Unacceptable


Mrs. Audley Earbore III, "The Tasteful Lady" of Laugh In fame would be appalled. Last week as a special treat I decided to serve a home cooked meal rather than our usual sandwich shop take away at the weekly office scheduling meeting. Since most of us prefer to eat light, I whipped up a quiche Florentine with a lovely carrot, broccoli and baby greens salad in rapberry walnut vinaigrette accompanied by fresh baked blueberry muffins. Lunch at these things is always a hurried affair but everyone seemed to enjoy having something different and there were no leftovers. I was quite chuffed with myself.

That is I was until today. My brilliant and brawny co-worker, Mr. X decided that he would bring a home cooked lunch to this week's meeting. He spent all week planning. He had a quiche Lorraine prepared by Mrs. X, an enormous meat pie he crafted himself and he brought a green salad with three kinds of dressing. You heard me right. He brought quiche, meat pie and salad.

Now for those of you who are not nearly as touchy as I, it is a social faux pas to outdress one's hostess, to speak ill of the dead and to trump your secretary's lunch with a bigger better version of the same thing she brought last week! Harumph.