Monday, February 05, 2007

The Perfect Weekend


Saturday Spouse took me out for a romantic dinner see previous post. Sunday after church we took the children to the driving range to practice golf as a family. As usual Bunnie did a great job and I was very poud of her when her brother offered her some unsolicited advice. Instead of pointing out to him that she hits more consistently than he does (the way her rude mother would have), she thanked him for the tip and said she'd try it next time. Thank goodness the children behave like their father instead of me!
Later we all snuggled in with some comfort food and watched the Superbowl together. Spouse hates watching football on television so I generally only watch the big games like the Rose Bowl with boy child. Imagine my delight when the entire family including Spouse gathered to watch and really enjoy the Superbowl with me. Not only was it a great game and the best halftime show ever, but it was a real treat to have the entire family (fat cat and big dog, too) all cheering for the Colts together (although I suspect the cat might be a Bears fan).
This morning after taking the young 'uns to school for me, Spouse brought me coffee in bed then it was off to enjoy some seriously beautiful weather with a rousing game of tennis at the park.
I'm not sure I'll be able to concentrate at the office this afternoon after being so spoiled all weekend. Ladies, I highly recommend married life. It just doesn't get any better than this.