Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sorority Meeting


Last August I volunteered to host the January 18th sorority alumnae meeting. After all the cleaning, cooking, baking and decorating I did over Christmas, the very last thing I want to do is entertain in the evening at my house. Maybe if it was a luncheon or brunch or something, but cocktails & dinner? No way. So now I'm scrambling for a fun inexpensive venue for a Thursday night. Think. Think. Nothing. Argh! I'm out of time! Invitations have to go out tomorrow and I'm hopelessly stumped.

Guess I'll have to suck it up and get my house in order and fill up those chafing dishes. Bleh. I do have a nice spiral sliced ham in the freezer. I think there may still be a few jars of spiced peaches in the cupboard. Maybe I can get the old gals involved in making some kind of nifty craft for Valentines for the collegiates. Dinner and entertainment for twenty in two weeks? Take a deep breath. Here we go again!