Friday, January 05, 2007

No Stress Entertaining



I think I've got it all planned out. We're going to keep it simple. Disposable everything for easy clean up. Sideboard with two entrees: ham and something beefy in a chafing dish. Bouef Bourginonne? Swedish Meatballs? Stroganoff? I haven't decided. A pretty fruit salad with poppy seed dressing on the side and a savory pasta salad (because you can mix the dressing right in and don't have to worry about offering a choice). Fresh rolls and coffee, tea or ice water. For dessert we'll do a pot luck so everyone can show off their favorite. What could be simpler?

For the entertainment I found several easy instructions to make roses out of ribbon. I'll spend some time tomorrow testing them and for the party I'll put the clearest one at each place setting with all the materials pre-cut for each guest to make her own long stem pink rose (our sorority flower) to take home. I'll also include a pretty idea sheet with pictures of things they can make with ribbon roses. Fast, simple and hopefully fun with plenty of time for chat.

I think this will be a smooth fun evening whether the turn out is five or twenty-five. Hooray for no stress entertaining!