Monday, November 13, 2006

Sand Traps vs. Dirt Traps


Today I shot the greatest golf shot of my life. It was one of those moments when you wish you were being videotaped so you can play it over and over. There I was in a sand trap with my trusty nine iron. One perfect swing and whoosh I was on the green. I have no idea how I did that. I cannot duplicate that shot. But oh man, I’ll be savouring that moment all year like I’d just won the masters. Thank goodness Spouse insisted we skip chores this morning and go play.

With Thanksgiving coming up quick, it’s all out war on dirt in our house. The top of our refrigerator now sparkles, every ceiling fixture shines and the windows? Well…. They are half done, anyway. I swear, when it comes time to replace these window pains, I won’t pay any attention to style. I’ll just want to know how easy are they to clean? This business of sliding and dropping and scrunching fingers up in between to reach latches stinks and it’s time consuming. Now I understand the old joke about “I don’t do windows”.

If only it were as easy to navigate the "dirt traps " in my house as it is to navigate the sand traps on the course, I'd have the tidiest house on the block. Sigh.