Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Playin' Hookey


Ok before we start, I just want to make it clear that I thought this image was charming when I picked it. It was only after I cropped and posted it that I noticed how pervy this guy looks watching the little nekkid boys. I took it off. I started laughing. I put it back on again. It's my graphic for this blog and I'm stickin' with it. 'Nuff said.

I am behind in my chores. Only one side of the kitchen has new shelf paper. Only two of the walls in Bunnies room have a decorative border. Sure, the kitchen is clean, Bunnie's room is clean and organized, but my big Projects are only half done. Last weekend I thought about getting it all done and decided to play hookey instead.

On Saturday I took the kids to Burger's Lake with the the Boy Scouts. Burger's Lake is a throwback the good ole days before corporate owned water parks. There are no crowds, no overpriced concessions and no giant corkscrew attractions. What it does have is plenty of natural shade, a real high dive, some springboards, one giant slide, big lazy inner tubes and the famous flying trapeze. In short, it is a clean, beautifully maintained summer treat for a generation that needs to experience good things in life that do not involve long lines, helmets or batteries.

Now I pay pennance for my sins by scrubbing the bathtub (blech!) and then instead of relaxing, finishing up those kitchen shelves. No rest for the wicked. But then again, playing hookey with the kids is most definitely worth the punishment for truancy. I may have to scrub the tub, but I'll be doing it with a smile.