Saturday, July 22, 2006

Doing the Can-Can


A very busy past few weekends. I am teaching myself to can correctly so that my fresh goodies won't need refrigeration and I'll have yummy specialty treats for the holidays. Last Saturday and today I've been putting up spiced peaches for Thanksgiving. Today's batch is much prettier than last week's. I hope it tastes as good. After going to the farmer's market for Parker Co. Peaches (yes they are still available despite the drought), I procesed a couple of batches, enjoyed a Dublin Dr. Pepper (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're a yankee and don't need to know!), and then shopped the antique mall for a bargain. Brought home the exact centerpiece bowl I've been looking for at a great price and now I can play on the computer while the rest of the family naps. All in all a perfect cottage-in-the-country day here in the big city. Life is good.