Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Rambles About Rambles


228#
Daphne and I are ramblers. Every morning we spend about an hour wandering through parks and preserves and every evening we march round Spring Lake or Randoll Mill Park for 30 or 40 minutes. In total, we walk about 3-5 miles a day. In the beginning I would poop out if we strayed from the flatlands. After 3 weeks, I am now habitually taking the hilly paths. This Friday we are going to try something radical.

I am going to buy my first pair of jogging shoes since college. Daphne is making it possible for me to jog again. I haven't been jogging in years because:
a) I know I'll give up after a few tries.
Daphne is a great motivator. She doesn't care how busy or tired I am. She just knows I need to exercise her twice daily.
b) I don't want to go alone.
Daphne is wonderful company and she needs to go slow and rest often just like me.
c) I don't want anyone to see me flopping my flab all over the place when I excercise.
Daphne gives me safe access to all the remote rarely used jog paths I'd be afraid to go to alone.

I'm beginning to see why pet owners live longer healthier lives. How did I ever get along without her?