Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Attack of the Crab Monsters


I'm not myself today. It was a very rough day at the office. I came home feeling edgy and cranky. After dinner, Spouse volunteered me to watch a video with the kids that I really did not want to see. Somehow when dysfunctional families are in cartoon form, it's supposed to make them funny. I think not. So here I am, looking for my zen.

I try thinking about working in the garden tomorrow. Instead I get sidetracked with thoughts of the long drive to the nurseries on the southside. I fret over the the prospect of them not having the pansies I need in stock...again.

Time for a cup of tea. A nice hot cuppa can take the edge off of almost anything. Ahhh, that's better. Here comes a new train of thought: Tea comes from camellias. My red camellia is covered with full blooms. The blooms have been attracting gorgeous new birds and bugs to the garden. Ah yes, there's my zen! Sometimes when crab monsters are standing in the way, it's best to just walk around them. After all, it's not the destination that brings peace. It's the journey.